Any file in Axon Commander can be tagged. Tags are meta-information that can be used to classify data for easy search and for using Association rules.
There are two types of Tags; Text and Choice. Text Tags apply free-form text to the file, while Choice Tags have a list of pre-defined values to apply to the file.
After a Tag is applied to a File, the Tag information can be used when searching for files and can invoke Association rules. For more information, see Managing Associations.
- Select the file in the Assets pane and do one of the following:
- Right-click on the file and select Tag.
- Click Tag at the bottom of the Assets pane.
- Open the file in the player and click Tag.
- Click Add. The Add New Tag sub-dialog appears.
- Select a tag from the Tag list.
- In the Value box, enter or select the value for the tag.
- Type the value for Text tags.
- Select the value for Choice Tags.
- Click OK. The tag name and value appear in the Tags list.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 to add another tag.
- After all tags have been added, click OK to save the tags and return to the Assets pane.