There may be times when a user requests a clip or selected portion of a file stored in Axon Commander to be used externally. The export function allows you to export a clip from a file. You can also export several clips of the same file at the same time.
- Select the file in the Assets pane and do one of the following:
- Right-click and select File Operations > Export File.
- Click Export at the bottom of the Assets pane.
- Open the file in the player and click Export.
- Click Choose to set the Location where the file will be copied.
- Select the other export options:
- Include Standalone Player: This option includes a Standalone Player in the export. The Standalone Player allows a user to view the file and associated metadata outside of the Axon Commander Client.
- Include an Audit Trail: This option includes an encrypted file with a complete audit trail of the Exported File.
- Include Metadata: This option includes the metadata associated with the file in the export.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click on asset #1 in the asset list to select it.
- Enter the time values for the Starting point and Ending point for the clip.
- Select the appropriate Action:
Note: The recommended Action setting is default or Process.Process: This transcodes the file. If you are creating an Authored DVD, it will make an MPEG 2 file (which DVD players support). Otherwise, it creates a WMV file.
Direct Playback: The file can be played directly within the standalone player. This information is included in the generated IPM file.
Export with IPM: The file cannot be played directly within the standalone player. The generated IPM file includes information that tells the standalone player to inform viewers that the player can only show the metadata.
Export without IPM: The file will be exported without an accompanying IPM file.
- Click (Save Changes).
- To add another clip, select the file from the Add asset list and click (Add asset to list). You can also select an existing clip and click (Duplicate selected clip).
Enter the time values for the Starting point and Ending point for the clip.
Click (Save Changes).
- To remove a clip, select the clip in the asset list and click (Remove selected clip).
- Click Export.
The status of the file export is shown at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Cancel: This action is available after the export has started. Click Cancel to stop the export process.
- After the export is completed, Click OK.
- Save Log: This is available after an export is cancelled or completed and saves a text file of the export log to selected location.
- Close the Export dialog box