- Click on the text field within the Search section.
- Type in any string information within the text field.
Multiple entries separated by spaces are searched on a per word basis.
Example: If you typed cat dog in the text field, then the system searches for files containing both the words cat and dog.
- Optionally, set any Geo-fence parameters.
- Select a Time and Date criteria in the Time and Date section.
The Last 90 Days is selected by default.
- Select a Filter from the Filters section.
The All Files filter is selected by default.
- Click Search.
The Assets pane shows the results of your search.
Search results are shown in the Assets pane. By default, the files are grouped by date. These groups can be expanded and collapsed like the Search pane sections. See Search Results Display Options for information on sorting and navigating the search results.
Each file in the results also shows metadata information fields associated with the file. The Grid view shows a thumbnail preview of the file, the start date and time, duration, file extension type, and file title. The List view shows a thumbnail preview of the file, the file title, file extension type, Username, start date and time, duration, area, source, and server. Additionally, holding your cursor over a thumbnail preview shows a pop-up window with a thumbnail preview, title, start date and time, duration, owners, and extension.
Note: Depending on how your system is configured, some files in the search results might be highlighted in red. The red highlighting indicates that you do not have rights to access the files.
The different metadata information fields are:
- Thumbnail Preview: This is a small image for video and image files.
- Title: The title given to the file.
- Username: The name of the user that owns the file. This is usually shown in the format Last Name, First Name. If the user’s full name is not entered, the user’s Login name is shown.
- Owner/Second Owner: The Username of the user that owns or is the second owner of the file.
- Area: The location given to the file.
- Source: The device that recorded or provided the file.
- Start Time: If the file is it is a video or audio file, this is the start date and time. Otherwise, this is the last modified date.
- Duration: If the file is it is a video or audio file, this is the length of the recording. Otherwise, it is blank.
- Extension: An abbreviation indicating the format of the file.
- Server: The name of the Axon Commander server the file was transferred from. In single Server installations this field is blank.