The Import tool lets users navigate to and import files that they want to be managed in Axon Commander. To Import files the user must have the Right to import file. Check with your administrator for to see if you have the access Right to import files and for more information about Rights.
- Click Import in the upper right corner of Axon Commander Client.
This opens the Media Directory window.
- Enter the path for the location of the files you want to import or click Browse to navigate to the directory that contains the files you want to import.
- Click Start Search to begin looking for files. The search looks recursively through any subdirectories within the directory. It only searches for files with the extensions defined within the Extension Matrix that are enabled for import. When complete, all eligible files are listed in the window.
Note: Every file loaded into the list consumes memory on the system running Axon Commander Client. For imports of files exceeding more than 100 files we suggest utilizing the Ingestion Point feature, which is designed to import large numbers of files.
- If you need to maintain the file structure of a folder when importing the files, browse to and select the appropriate folder and then click Import Folder.
Axon Commander creates a zip file with the folder contents that can be imported into system.
This allows you to import files from systems that need to maintain file structure, such as proprietary video systems or crime scene scanners, into Axon Commander without any special tools.
- Before importing, there are several options that can be applied to files to prepare them for easier use within Axon Commander Client.
Select the file or files you want to apply additional information to.
Note: You can right-click anywhere in the results and have the options to Select All, Deselect All, Mark/Check All, and Unmark/Uncheck All.
- You can add additional data, including Title, Primary User, Secondary User, Area, and Source, using the Media Properties section in the lower left of the window. After adding the information, click Apply to save the information.
- You can add tags using the Tag Properties section in the lower right of the window. Click Add, select the Tag, enter or select the Value, and then click OK. Repeat this process to add more tags. Click Apply to save the information.
- Select the check box adjacent to the files to mark it for import.
- When you are finished preparing and selecting the files, click Import.
Imported files are processed by the system, so it may take some time for the files to be available for search and management by Axon Commander Client.