Most video files in Axon Commander can be converted to WMV format and be played back with Windows Media Player for easy distribution. If a file can be played back with the Axon Commander Client player, then it can be converted to WMV format. Axon Commander has the capability to support many types of files. However, some video files must use an external player to be viewed. Proprietary files that use an external player cannot be converted by Axon Commander Client unless those files are playable by DirectShow (a multimedia framework and API produced by Microsoft for software developers to perform various operations with media files or streams).
Note: You can select multiple files for the conversion process. But only files that support conversion can be batch converted.
- Select the file in the Assets pane and do one of the following:
- Right-click on the File and select File Operations > Convert to Standard Media.
- Click Convert at the bottom of the Assets pane.
- Open the file in the player and click Convert.
- Click Choose to set the Location where the converted file will be saved.
- Select any other options:
- Include Standalone Player: This option includes a Standalone Player with the converted file. The Standalone Player allows a user to view the file and associated metadata outside of the Axon Commander Client.
- Include an Audit Trail: This option includes an encrypted file with a complete audit trail of the Exported File.
- Include Metadata: This option includes the metadata associated with the file in the export.
- Click Convert to start the conversion process.
The conversion process takes some time to complete depending on the size of the video file. Conversion time is usually close to the video length, so be prepared to wait.
The status of the conversion is shown at the bottom of the dialog box.
When the conversion process is completed the WMV File is available at the location specified.
- Cancel: This action is available after the conversion is started. Click Cancel to stop the conversion process.
- After the conversion is completed, Click OK.
- Save Log: This is available after a conversion is cancelled or completed and saves a text file of the conversion log to selected location.
- Close the Convert dialog box