There may be times when a user requests a file stored in Axon Commander to be used externally. This is usually when some operation must be done with the file that is outside the scope of Axon Commander. When a user exports the file, a copy of the file is sent to the location that the user specifies.
The export function also allows you to export clip (a selected portion) of a file. You can also export several clips of the same file at the same time.
- Select the file in the Assets pane and do one of the following:
- Right-click and select File Operations > Export File.
- Click Export at the bottom of the Assets pane.
- Open the file in the player and click Export.
- Click Choose to set the Location where the file will be copied.
- Select the other export options:
- Include Standalone Player: This option includes a Standalone Player in the export. The Standalone Player allows a user to view the file and associated metadata outside of the Axon Commander Client.
- Include an Audit Trail: This option includes an encrypted file with a complete audit trail of the Exported File.
- Include Metadata: This option includes the metadata associated with the file in the export.
- Click Export.
The status of the file export is shown at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Cancel: This action is available after the export has started. Click Cancel to stop the export process.
- After the export is completed, Click OK.
- Save Log: This is available after an export is cancelled or completed and saves a text file of the export log to selected location.
- Close the Export dialog box