Advanced Reports are detailed reports on Axon Commander operations. An Advanced Report can be run by administrators and users with the Create Reports on users and system activity Right.
Running an Advanced Report
- Click Reports in the Administration navigation pane.
- Select the Time Frame From and To date and time for the repost period.
- Select the Report Type. There are four report types:
- Everything that occurred – This option runs a report on everything that happened in Axon Commander within the specified time-frame.
- Every action a User performed – This option runs a report on everything that happened for a specific user within the specified time-frame. The user is selected in the Parameters section.
- Every action involving the specified object – This option runs a report on everything that happened to a specified object within the specified time-frame. The object is selected in the Parameters section. The objects that can be selected are: Cabinet, Folder, Location, Tag, User, and User Group.
- Custom – This option runs a report based on the selected User (optional) and up to two objects (optional). The user and objects are selected in the Parameters section.
Note: There may be a selected parameter value that is red. That means that the object was deleted from Axon Commander. However, an audit trail of that object still exists. This is useful if some destructive behavior was attempted and a Report can highlight that behavior.
- Select any needed Parameters, based on the Report Type selected.
Note: If you are using the Only include assets listed in search results parameter, you must run a search in the Commander Client before running the report.
- Adjust the Audits for the report as needed.
The Audits list is available to edit if an Every action involving a specified object or Custom Report Types was selected. There are 15 different audit sections and 133 different audit actions in the list that can be selected or excluded when running a report.
- Click Create at the bottom right of the screen.
The report is generated and displayed in a Report Viewer window. It may take some time to generate the report, depending on the report complexity.