This article explains how to create an Axon Citizen for Communities public portal.
- Sign in to your Evidence.com account.
- On the dashboard page, under Citizen Evidence, click Create Public Portal.
Alternately, on the menu bar, click Evidence, then click Citizen Evidence, and then click Create Public Portal.
The Create Public Portal page opens.
- In the Public URL field, enter the incident url. The incident url must be unique and you cannot use upper case letters, spaces, or special characters in the incident url.
This text is appended to your agency’s public url to create the specific url path for the incident. Axon recommends using text that is similar or related to the portal Title.
- Enter the ID as required by your agency.
- Add evidence Categories as needed. A public portal can have multiple categories.
- Enter a Title for the portal. The title is used in the Evidence.com Public Portal list and as part of the title community members see on the portal welcome page. The title can have a maximum of 127 characters.
- Enter a Description for the portal. The description text is used on the portal welcome page and social media sites. The description can have a maximum of 2,000 characters. The text automatically wraps on the screen, but you can manually insert line breaks using your keyboard Enter key.
- Optionally, add a Date and Time. This information can make it easier for triagers to compare the submissions to the incident.
- Optionally, click the edit icon (image placeholder) in Location of Incident to add a location. The location box expands to show a map.
- Enter the Address of the incident or click on the map to set the address.
- Optionally, enter a friendly name for the location.
- Click Save.
- Click Submit.
You are taken to the Portal Details Page. From here you can copy and share the portal link on social media and other websites. The Portal Details Page is also used to close the portal when it is no longer needed.