To register the TASER Dock to your Evidence.com account you will need to have the TASER 7 Dock, a computer, and two Ethernet cables. If your TASER 7 Dock is not registered to your Evidence.com account cameras will not upload videos.
Before registering your TASER 7 Dock:
- Check that your TASER 7 Dock is assembled.
- Check that your TASER 7 Dock is mounted on the desk or wall.
- Check that your network is configured correctly.
- You have accepted the Evidence.com Administrator Invitation If you do not accept the invitation, you will not be able to complete Axon Dock setup. Ensure that you know your user name, password, and agency domain name. Ensure that you are assigned to an ADMIN role in your Evidence.com account or that your assigned role has Device Administration permission set to ALLOWED. If you are not assigned to an ADMIN role or your role does not have Device Administration permission, you will not be able to register the Axon Dock.
Registering Your Dock Video Overview
Step 1: Connect to the Network
The back of the Axon Dock core has two ports for Ethernet cables, the WAN and MGMT ports.
Note: The USB port on the rear of the core is not currently functional. It is there for future applications.
- Plug one of the Ethernet cables into the WAN port.
2. Plug the other end of this Ethernet cable into an active Internet port, which connects to your agency network.
3. Plug the other Ethernet cable into the MGMT port.
4. Plug the other end of this Ethernet cable into your computer.
DO NOT connect the MGMT port to the wall.
Step 2: Connect to Power
1. Connect the two segments of the power cord included with the dock.
2. Plug the power cord into the core.
3. Connect the end other end of the power cord to a standard power outlet.
The green “POWER” LED on top of the core will light up when the dock is powered.
4. Give the dock several minutes to fully start.
The green “STATUS” LED on top of the core will light up when the dock has started.
Step 3: Connect to the Dock
1. Confirm that the computer connected to the dock does not have wireless Internet turned on.
2. Confirm that the computer connected to the dock is not connected to your network in any other way. Ensure that there is no wireless connection enabled and no VPN (remote access) software active on your computer.
3. Open a Web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Note: If you are using Internet Explorer, ensure that you are using version 8 or greater.
4. In the URL box, type 10.10.1.1 and press Enter.
5. In the Configuration Assistant dialog box, click OK.
Step 4: Device Configuration
Complete the information for the Authentication Required dialog box:
1. In the User Name box, type admin.
2. In the Password box, type admin.
3. Click OK.
Note: Axon strongly recommends that you change the password at this time. Go to the Administration tab and enter your information, using the existing user name and password. In the Password Change section, type the new password twice and click Save Changes.
Step 5: Administrator Login
1. In the Domain name box type your agency’s evidence.com domain name.
For example, in axon.evidence.com, “axon” is the domain name.
2. Type the admin user name and password that you previously created when you first registered with Axon Evidence (Evidence.com) in the respective boxes.
3. Click Save Changes.
Step 6: Registration
The system will then report that it is “Registering the Dock,” then “Generating Security Tokens,” and finally “Restarting the Dock.”
Allow up to two minutes for the system to restart.
Once the system is ready, the page will refresh and display the message ”The Dock has already been registered with Evidence.com.”
Note: Do not click the Save Changes button. You are already registered when this message is displayed. Go to Confirm Registration.
Step 7: Confirm Registration
Click Status on the top-left part of the screen.
There should be six green check marks on the left side of the screen. This dock is now registered.