Before using a battery pack in a TASER 7 CEW, first insert the battery pack into a TASER 7 Dock. Wait until the battery pack is fully charged and its firmware fully updated before removing it and using it with the CEW. See the TASER 7 Dock Quick Start Guide for more information. This procedure is intended to ensure the battery pack has the most up to date programming, correct clock and is fully charged.
- Point the CEW in a safe direction.
- Shift the safety switch to the down (SAFE) position.
- Remove the cartridges. See Unloading for more information.
- To remove the battery pack, depress the battery pack release buttons on each side of the battery pack and remove it from the CEW.
- Inspect the battery contacts. Ensure that they appear in working order and are free from dirt or other residue that may interrupt the battery connection to the CEW.
- Install the new battery pack and ensure that it is fully inserted into the CEW. Apply sufficient force to ensure the battery pack is fully seated. When the battery pack seats properly, the release buttons should pop out from the recessed position with an audible click.