The TASER 7 CEW captures various pieces of information about the device. This is referred to as the weapon logs.
The data from the logs are uploaded securely to Axon Evidence (Evidence.com) services, where the information is encrypted, stored securely, and organized into dashboards that allow your agency to easily monitor the usage and system status of your entire arsenal of TASER 7 CEWs.
The logs provide agencies with a powerful management tool to track usage patterns and help prevent misuse. Activities are grouped by sessions. Each session has a Session Start and a Session End that summarizes the weapon state when it was ARMED and after it was disarmed, and will also include the date and time for each CEW deployment Each entry has a timestamp in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), which Axon Evidence will convert to your local time.
The logs include the following information for when:
- The safety was shifted to the up (ARMED) position.
- The safety was shifted to the down (SAFE) position.
- A cartridge was loaded into the CEW.
- The trigger was pulled.
- The Arc switch was pressed.
- The weapon started a discharge.
- A cartridge was deployed.
- The version of the firmware in use.
- The weapon was placed in functional test mode.
- The weapon went into power saving mode.
- The weapon timed out and turned off.
The Armed Event log also records the firmware version installed.
If you have a critical event involving injury, death, or weapon malfunction and you need assistance from Axon, you can share TASER 7 logs using the Send Log button on the page. After sending the logs, please contact your Axon Representative or submit a Critical Event Assistance request.