The TASER 7 CEW captures various pieces of information about the device. This is referred to as the weapon logs.
The data from the logs are uploaded securely to Axon Evidence (Evidence.com) services, where the information is encrypted, stored securely, and organized into dashboards that allow your agency to easily monitor the usage and system status of your entire arsenal of TASER 7 CEWs.
The logs provide agencies with a powerful management tool to track usage patterns and help prevent misuse. Activities are grouped by sessions. Each session has a Session Start and a Session End that summarizes the weapon state when it was ARMED and after it was disarmed, and will also include the date and time for each CEW deployment Each entry has a timestamp in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), which Axon Evidence will convert to your local time.
The logs include the following information for:
- When the safety was shifted to the up (ARMED) position.
- When the safety was shifted to the down (SAFE) position.
- When the trigger was pressed and released.
- When the Arc switch was pressed and released.
- When the weapon deployed a cartridge.
- When the weapon started and ended an electrical discharge.
- When the weapon went into power save after five minutes of inactivity.
- When the weapon turned itself off after 20 minutes of activity.
The weapon logs also contain information collected when the CEW is not armed. These include a new battery pack or cartridge being recognized (inserted into the weapon), time synchronization, firmware updates, agency settings updates and user settings updates.