Each agency should establish a maintenance and handling program.
The TASER 7 CEW product is a sensitive piece of electronic equipment and should be handled with care. Avoid dropping a TASER 7 CEW. Do not use a TASER 7 CEW that has a cracked handle.
Check the battery pack regularly. Recharge it when the battery percentage reaches 20%.
Occasionally wipe out the TASER 7 cartridge deployment bays with a dry cloth. Multiple cartridge firings create build-up (particularly after training courses or in humid environments) that should be removed.
Do not wipe out the bays immediately after the CEW has been fired as you might receive a latent short electrical shock. Wait at least five minutes after the last discharge of the CEW before wiping out the bays.
- Secure the TASER 7 CEW in a protective holster when the CEW is not in use.
- Function test the CEW regularly.
- Update the CEW’s firmware when updated firmware is released.
- Upload your TASER 7 CEW data to Axon Evidence (Evidence.com) services at least once per quarter and always before sending the CEW to Axon Enterprise.
- Avoid immersing the TASER 7 CEW in water or exposing the TASER 7 CEW to excessive moisture or water.
See the troubleshooting guide for additional maintenance instructions.