Customers occasionally encounter problems with specific videos or video types during activities such as playback and redaction. In order to investigate these issues, customers need to share the original files with Axon's Engineering team.
If you're experiencing this type of issue, please email Axon Technical Support (email@example.com) with information about your issue and they will determine if your issue qualifies for investigation. If it does qualify, Axon Technical Support will email instructions to you explaining how to deliver this video to Axon. Please do not send Axon data from your Axon Evidence (Evidence.com) account via email, physical mail or file sharing services such as Box, Dropbox or OneDrive.
Additionally, by sharing a video with Axon you are authorizing Axon personnel to view the video. We advise you to consult with and get approval from your agency administrator or other appropriate management and counsel prior to sharing videos or other data.
When data is shared with Axon personnel using approved channels, we commit to the following:
- Secure handling of data
- Encryption of data in transit and at rest
- Only Axon personnel that have undergone Axon's personnel security process, including CJIS background checks, will have access to the data
- Viewing/playback of data only occurs at physically secure locations located in Axon offices in the United States
- The shared data is retained for no longer than 90 days
- Chain of custody reports will be added as 'Notes' on the evidence file