DO NOT attempt to use a CEW that has been completely submerged in water.
If a CEW gets completely submerged in water, ensure the safety switch is in the down (SAFE) position and remove the cartridge(s) and power source.
Follow the RMA process to submit the CEW to Axon Enterprise.
Failure to perform the following steps may result in an unintentional discharge when the safety switch is placed in the up (ARMED) position
- TASER CEWs exposed to extreme moisture have discharged with the safety switch still in the down (SAFE) position due to the moisture short circuiting the electronic components
- Cartridges that are exposed to significant moisture must be disposed of in an ESD safe procedure*
The following procedure is for those CEWs exposed to a significant amount of moisture but not completely submerged in water.
- Ensure the safety switch is in the down (SAFE) position and remove the cartridge(s) following the safe procedures outlined in the user manual and training material.
- Remove the power source.
- Wipe down all exposed surfaces including inside the cartridge bays.
- Allow the CEW to air dry for 24 hours before proceeding. Warm dry air is preferred – do not use a hair dryer or other external heat source (e.g. microwave oven, etc.).
- After 24 hours, ensure that all components are completely dry; replace the power source.
- Wait one minute before proceeding to the next step. Verify that the CEW is not getting warm or showing signs of short-circuiting.
- Point the front of the CEW away from you, place the safety switch in the up (ARMED) position and observe the CEW. If the CEW discharges without pulling the trigger, put the safety switch in the down (SAFE) position, remove the power source and return to TASER via the RMA process if it is still under warranty. If the CEW does not discharge without pulling the trigger, conduct three complete sparks tests for a full 5-seconds each to ensure the proper pulse rate and that the cycle stops at 5 seconds.
- If the CEW does not operate normally, ensure the safety switch is in the down (SAFE) position and remove the power source. Return the CEW to TASER via the RMA process if it is still under warranty.
- If the CEW does function normally, ensure the safety switch is in the down (SAFE) position. Download and sync the CEW to ensure the internal time is correct. Ensure that the three spark tests were recorded properly in the download records. Return the CEW to service.