In Axon Performance the term Squad refers to a grouping of officers that report to the same field supervisor(s). This terminology may not be the same as the reporting structure for your organization. Unit, shift, or team is typically synonymous with Squad.
Note: Refer to the Axon Help Center Groups articles for detailed information on working with Groups.
Use one of the three options below to create a group for each squad that will be monitored in Axon Performance:
- Manually create groups in Evidence.com
- Import groups into Evidence.com with CSV files
- Add groups with the Evidence.com Partner API
Each option is described below. After the groups are created, you need to enable the groups in Axon Performance.
Manually Create Groups in Evidence.com
- On the Axon Evidence.com menu bar, click Admin and then under Users, click Create Group. The Create Group page appears.
- Enter the squad name in Name Group The name is used in Axon Performance as the squad name.
Select the Manage Access Setting. The Manage Access Setting should be selected in accordance with agency policies on evidence access. This setting does not affect Axon Performance.
- Click Create.
- In the Add Members field, start typing the name of an officer in the squad, click the officer name, and then click Add.
Repeat this for all squad members. When all squad members have been added, click Next.
- In the Monitors of this Group field, type the name of the squad supervisor.
- Click Done. The group is added to the Axon Evidence.com groups list.
Import Groups In Evidence.com with CSV files
This is a two-step process where you first use a CSV file to import your groups and then use another CSV file to add members and monitors to groups. An overview of the steps is provided below. For detailed information, see the Importing groups, members, and monitors article on the Axon Help Center.
- On the Axon Evidence.com menu bar, click Admin and then under Users, click Import Groups. The Import Groups page appears. If needed, download the example csv files by selecting a group import, for the ImportGroups.csv file, or member and monitor import, for the ImportMembersAndMonitors.csv file, as applicable.
Note: If you are only adding members and monitors to existing groups, skip to step 6.
- Create the group information CSV file with a new group on each line of the CSV file. Each group must have an External ID, Group Name, and evidence Share Access information.
- Select if you want to create or synchronize groups and then select the CSV file you just created.
- Click Upload, review the changes, and click Finished to complete the group import.
- Create the user and monitor CSV file with a new user or monitor on each line of the CSV file. Each line must have the External ID of the group the user/monitor is being assign to, the membership type (member or monitor), the entity type (this is always user), and the email address for the user. The email address must be the same as the email in Axon Evidence for the user.
- Select if you want to add or synchronize members and monitors and then choose the CSV file you just created.
- Click Upload, review the changes, and click Finished to complete the user import.
Add Groups with the Evidence.com Partner API
With the Axon Evidence Partner API, you can use the Group Management API resources to import and manage your groups. Contact your Axon representative to get a copy of the Evidence.com Partner API Guide for more information on the Group Management resources.
Enable Groups in Axon Performance
Please note, it may take up to 15 minutes for Axon Performance to display newly added groups in Evidence.com.
- Sign in to your Axon Evidence account or, if you are already in Axon Evidence, Click the Axon logo to return to the Evidence.com dashboard.
- Under the Axon Performance heading, click Configure. Axon Performance opens and the Squads Settings page is shown.
- On the Squad Settings page, find the squads you added and use the toggles to turn on the squads in Axon Performance.
Blue indicates the squad is available in Axon Performance and white indicates the squad is not available.
- Click Save to save the changes.