The Axon Air application is used to fly, manage, and stream evidence from DJI™ Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS). The application includes the following functionalities:
- Connecting to a DJI UAS
- Review media on the UAS
- Edit evidence metadata prior to upload
- Copy and upload media from the UAS to your agency’s Axon Evidence (Evidence.com) accounts.
- Control and fly DJI UAS.
- Livestream DJI UAS to your agency's Axon Evidence accounts.
For the best experience Axon recommends using an iOS™ tablet with Axon Air supported Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV). Axon supports the DJI™ CRYSTALSKY™ monitor, but we recommend using the iOS tablet as we are focused on delivering a robust experience there.
- Valid Axon Evidence credentials are required to access Axon applications. The agency must have an Axon Evidence.com pro or basic license.
- When using Evidence Upload XT Windows desktop application, users must have the required permissions set in Axon Evidence.com.
- Tablets should have 5GB or more of free-storage to support a good ingestion experience. The Axon Air mobile app always maintains 500MB of storage free for the tablet.
- Tablets must have connectivity to Wi-Fi or LTE in order to enable livestreaming functionality. We recommend a high upload speed; 15Mbps is ideal.
The Axon Air app requests certain access permissions on the DJI CRYSTALSKY monitor. These permissions are required for the app function correctly. For the DJI CRYSTALSKY monitor, the permissions are requested when the app is installed.
The requested permissions are:
- Access to the device location: This allows the app to use the device GPS when flying the drone and to apply that metadata.
- Access to photos/media/files on the device: This allows the app to transfer files from the drone to the device.
- Access to make and manage phone calls. This allows the app to prevent phone calls or video chat apps from interrupting a flight.
If any of these permissions are denied, the Axon Air app will not operate correctly.