Before you set up the Oculus Go headset, ensure an Oculus account has been created for your agency and that your Oculus Username has been submitted to Axon. See the Before you Set Up Your Headset article on the Axon Help Center for more information.
- Complete the Headset setup.
Download the Oculus app to your smartphone. Follow the instructions outlined on the Oculus website. Oculus Go website.
Important: Ensure you sign in with the Oculus Username you submitted to Axon. If the device is set up with an Oculus Username other than the one provided to Axon, you will need to reset the device to factory settings and start over in order to access the app.
- Install the Axon VR app.
- Once you have received the email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that access to Axon VR has been provisioned to your Oculus Account, click the link in the email and sign in to your agency's Oculus Account to accept the app. It may take a few minutes for your Oculus Account to add the app to the My Preview Apps section in your Oculus Store.
- While wearing the headset; locate, download, and install the Axon VR app.
Installation Walkthrough Video
- From the Main Menu on the bottom panel, select Navigate, and then Store.
- Using the touchpad on your controller, scroll all the way down to the bottom and look for the Axon VR app under the My Preview Apps section.
Note: If you don’t see the Axon VR app or the My Preview section, please wait a moment. It can take up to an hour for app to appear in your My Preview Apps section at the bottom of the Store page.
- Click on the Axon VR app, then select Download.
- From the Main Menu on the bottom panel, select Navigate, and then Library. You'll find the Axon VR app under the Apps section on the left.
- Open the app and Allow Permissions.
Important: The first time the app opens, you will need to select Allow Permissions to let the app access the device's storage. Access is required for the app to read and write to the hard drive or the app will not function. Axon only uses access for this purpose.
- You should see an Axon logo and a message that prompts you to plug in the headset and wait patiently for 15-30 minutes for the download to complete. You can take the headset off on check on it after a few minutes.
Note: It may take 1-3 business days after you've submitted your Oculus Username to get the invitation email and be able to accept the Axon VR app.