Before an Axon Body 3 camera can be used, it must be registered to your agency. This guide provides information about the out-of-the-box registration process for Axon Body 3 cameras. Additionally, Axon recommends fully charging and assigning an Axon Body 3 camera before using the camera.
Prerequisites: In addition to an Axon Body 3 camera, registration requires:
- Axon Device Manager (ADM) installed on an appropriate device - If you already have ADM installed, ensure you have v3.0.3 (Android) or v2.0.3 (iOS) or higher.
Note: You must have device management permissions to use ADM. If you aren’t sure if you have permissions to use ADM, contact an Axon Evidence administrator for your agency to check on your permissions.
- An Axon Body 3 Dock connected to power and the Internet (a green LED is visible on the WAN port). Your dock does not need to be registered. See the Axon Body 3 Dock Installation Manual for information on installing a dock.
Before starting, Axon recommends that you familiarize yourself with the camera buttons by reviewing the information in the Axon Body 3 Functions Guide or Axon Body 3 User Manual.
You can register multiple cameras, up to 100, at one if you have an Axon Dock bay for each camera. You must keep your mobile device with ADM within 30 feet of all the cameras you are registering.
Here is a short video walk-through of the registration process.
- Un-box the Axon Body 3 camera. Power on the camera by pressing the Power button, on top of the camera, until you feel short vibration.
The camera starts and the camera display, on top of the camera, shows DOCK DEVICE.
- Place the camera in the Axon Body 3 Dock.
The camera display shows REGISTER DEVICE.
- Open ADM and tap the Settings icon () in the upper left.
- Under the Registration heading, tap Devices and then tap Axon Body 3.
- Review the device registration setup and tap Next twice to move to the next screen. Tap Start Scan when you are ready to start the registration process.
- ADM detects and prepares unregistered cameras. The number of detected and prepared cameras appears at the top of the ADM screen.
- When a camera is prepared, camera display will show your agency name and the Operation and Triad LEDs blink green.
- Go to the camera and press the Select button (located between the volume buttons). You must confirm the registration by pressing the Select button.
- If successful, the display will change to show NOT ASSIGNED to indicate the camera is ready to be assigned to a user.
- When you have registered all the detected cameras, tap Finish. ADM shows a list of camera serial numbers that have been registered at your agency during this session.
Cameras that are successfully registered can be charged and assigned to users.
TroubleshootingIf there is a problem with preparing the camera, ADM will show an error.
Tap Errors to review the error information on ADM.
If you are unable to register ANY cameras, this may be potentially a connectivity issue. Please reference the Axon Network Whitelisting Guide to ensure that the appropriate networks ports are open.
If SOME camera are registering but others are not, this may be a transient error. Android devices tend to experience more transient errors than iOS devices.
A suggested general troubleshooting approach is to:
- Start with only one camera docked at a time
- Attempt to register, if registration error occurs, tap Dismiss All allow ADM to retry registration.
- If registration fails again, power off the camera and then power it on and repeat the registration process.
The following table provides information about the error codes and suggested actions.
Error Code Description Troubleshooting Action -1 Communication to AB3 has failed Power the camera off, then power the camera back on and retry registration.
If attempting to register large number of cameras in close proximity and you see this error, retry registration with individual camera.
If error occurs again, tap Dismiss All and allow ADM to retry registration.
33, -7249973, 43 or 49 Camera time is inaccurate Sign out and back into ADM.
Power the camera off, then power the camera back on and allow the camera to remain docked for 2 minutes to allow sufficient time to synchronize the camera time.
Confirm your agency network settings allow network communication from dock to Axon Evidence through port 80 and port 443. For more information, see Managing Network Whitelisting with Axon Cloud Services
45 or 47 Camera is unable to reach the internet Power the camera off, then power the camera back on and allow camera to remain docked for 1 minute prior to retrying. It will take about 30 seconds to establish an internet connection. Tap Dismiss All and allow ADM to retry the registration.
If the error persists after retrying to register several times, check the internet connection and troubleshoot the dock internet connection. Common connection issues include agency firewall settings.
46 Camera is unable to reach your agency's Axon Evidence account Sign out and back into ADM. If you can sign in, retry registration. Otherwise, contact Axon Technical Support to see if there are any issues with Evidence.com. 34, 48, or 50 Camera provisioning issue Power the camera off, then power the camera back on and retry registration.
If the error persists, contact your Axon Evidence administrator to confirm that Device Management permission is enabled.
If Device Management permission is enabled, please contact your Axon Representative or Axon Technical Support for assistance.