Before an Axon Body 3 camera can be used, it must be registered to your agency. This guide provides information about the out-of-the-box registration process for Axon Body 3 cameras. Additionally, Axon recommends fully charging and assigning an Axon Body 3 camera before using the camera.
Prerequisites: In addition to an Axon Body 3 camera, registration requires:
- Axon Device Manager (ADM) installed on an appropriate device - If you already have ADM installed, ensure you have v3.0.3 (Android) or v2.0.3 (iOS) or higher.
Note: You must have device management permissions to use ADM. If you aren’t sure if you have permissions to use ADM, contact an Axon Evidence administrator for your agency to check on your permissions.
- An Axon Body 3 Dock connected to power and the Internet (a green LED is visible on the WAN port). See the Axon Body 3 Dock Installation Manual for information on installing a dock.
Before starting, Axon recommends that you familiarize yourself with the camera buttons by reviewing the information in the Axon Body 3 Functions Guide or Axon Body 3 User Manual.
You can register multiple cameras, up to 100, at one if you have an Axon Dock bay for each camera. You must keep your mobile device with ADM within 30 feet of all the cameras you are registering.
- Un-box the Axon Body 3 camera. Power on the camera by pressing the Power button, on top of the camera, until you feel short vibration.
The camera starts and the camera display, on top of the camera, shows DOCK DEVICE.
- Place the camera in the Axon Body 3 Dock.
The camera display shows Register Device, the Operation and Triad LEDs are solid blue.
- Open ADM and tap the Settings icon () in the upper left.
- Under the Registration heading, tap Devices and then tap Axon Body 3.
- Review the device registration setup and tap Next to move to the next screen. Tap Start Scan when you are ready to start the registration process.
- ADM detects and prepares unregistered cameras. The number of detected and prepared cameras appears at the top of the ADM screen.
- When a camera is prepared, the Operation and Triad LEDs blink green.
- Go to the camera with blinking green LEDs and press the Select button (located between the volume buttons). The Operation and Triad LEDs will stop blinking and show a solid color when registration is complete. The LED color reflects the current battery capacity.
- The camera display will show your agency name with a check mark for approximately 2 seconds to indicate the camera is registered to your agency. Then the display will change to show NOT ASSIGNED to indicate the camera is ready to be assigned to a user.
Tap Errors to review the error information on ADM and refer to the following table for your action.
Error Number Action -1, 33, or 49 Tap Dismiss All, remove the cameras with errors from the dock, power off each camera that had an error by pressing and holding the Power button for 3 seconds. Wait until the camera powers off, then power on each camera. Place each camera back in the dock and retry registration. 45 or 47 Tap Dismiss All. Check the Internet connection for the dock with the camera showing the error. If connection is good, retry registration. Otherwise, troubleshoot the dock internet connection. 46 Tap Dismiss All. Try to sign in to your agency’s Axon Evidence account. If you can sign in, retry registration. Otherwise, contact Axon Technical Support to see if there are any issues with Axon Evidence. 34, 48, or 50 Contact your Axon Representative or Axon Technical Support for assistance.
If the same camera persists in showing an error, contact your Axon Representative or Axon Technical Support for assistance.
- When you have registered all the detected cameras, tap Finish. ADM shows a list of camera serial numbers that have been registered at your agency during this session.
- If you are registering more cameras, tap Scan More to restart the registration process.
- If you are done registering cameras, tap Close to exit the registration process.
- Cameras that are successfully registered can be charged and assigned to users.