To Start Recording (Event Mode)
Double-press the Event button on the front of the Axon Body 3 camera. The camera provides you with indications that it is in Recording mode:
- The camera display shows STARTING and then the recording icon
- The Operation LED on the camera blinks red
- At the start of an event and every 2 minutes during an event, the camera emits 2 short tones and 2 short vibrations
The camera now records audio as well as video. The buffered video captured directly preceding the event is saved and attached to the event recording (Note: With default settings, the buffered video does not contain audio). The moment Recording mode begins, both video and audio are recorded from the camera and GPS coordinates (if enabled by your agency) are recorded. This will continue throughout the duration of the recording until you stop the recording.
Depending on your agency configuration, other events or actions can cause your camera to transition from Ready (buffering) to Recording (event) mode. An example of this is if a device with Axon Signal technology broadcasts a signal.
To Stop Recording
Press and hold the Event button for 3 seconds. The camera provides you with indications that it has stopped recording and returned to Ready mode:
- The camera display shows SAVING and then READY
- The Operation LED blinks green
- The camera will emit one long tone and vibrates once