This article provides information on the required settings and Role permissions to use Axon Aware and Aware+ at your agency. For additional set up options, see the Aware Notification Configuration and Aware Warning Configuration articles.
The following video provides an overview of Axon Aware permissions, settings, and configurations.
Axon Body 3 Camera Settings for Axon Aware and Aware+
The following Axon Body 3 camera settings must be enabled in your agency’s Axon Evidence (Evidence.com) account to use Axon Aware and Aware+. An Axon Evidence administrator can enable these settings.
See the Axon Evidence.com Body Camera Settings article for information on changing the agency settings for your Axon Body 3 cameras.
- Location information available to Axon Aware: This setting determines if location information is made available in near real-time to authorized agency users, when cameras are recording.
- Live streaming: This setting determines if cameras can stream audio and video while recording to authorized agency users. This setting is only available if Axon Aware+ is enabled for your agency.
- Gunshot detection notification: This setting determines if a notification is made available in near real-time to authorized agency users.
Note: Gunshot detection is currently in beta testing and these settings are automatically disabled.
Axon Aware and Aware+ Role Permissions
Agency Axon Evidence administrators must enable the appropriate permissions for the Roles that will use Axon Aware and Aware+ before users can access the Aware map.
The administrators can modify an existing Role to enable the permissions. If you do not want to modify an existing Role you can create a new Role or copy an existing Role and enable Axon Aware permissions. We recommend you name the Role to indicate access to Axon Aware.
See the Axon Evidence.com Roles & Permissions article for information on adding or editing Roles and permissions in Axon Evidence.com.
There are two permissions associated with Axon Aware.
- View Location Map: Allows the user to access the Aware Location Map and view camera locations.
- Live Stream: Allows the user to view camera livestreams for the Location Map.
Users must be assigned to roles with the appropriate permissions to view the map and camera livestreams.