This article provides information on the required Axon Body 3 camera settings and Role permissions to use Axon Respond for Devices at your agency. For additional set up options, see the Axon Respond Settings.
Axon Body 3 Camera Settings for Axon Respond for Devices
The following Axon Body 3 camera settings must be enabled in your agency’s Axon Evidence account to use Axon Respond for Devices. An Axon Evidence administrator can enable these settings.
See the Axon Evidence.com Body Camera Settings article for information on changing the agency settings for your Axon Body 3 cameras.
- Make location information available to Axon Respond: This setting determines if location information is made available in near real-time to authorized agency users, when cameras are recording.
Note: The Location available when camera is recording and buffering setting requires Axon Body 3 camera operating system 1.10 or higher.
- Live streaming: This setting determines if cameras can stream audio and video while recording to authorized agency users. This setting is only available if your agency has Axon Respond for Devices+ license users.
- Gunshot detection notification: This setting determines if a notification is made available in near real-time to authorized agency users.
Note: Gunshot detection is currently in beta testing and these settings are automatically disabled.
Axon Respond for Devices Role Permissions
Agency Axon Evidence administrators must enable the appropriate permissions for the Roles that will use Axon Respond for Devices before users can access the Respond map.
The administrators can modify an existing Role to enable the permissions. If you do not want to modify an existing Role you can create a new Role or copy an existing Role and enable Axon Respond permissions. We recommend you name the Role to indicate access to Axon Respond.
See the Axon Evidence.com Roles & Permissions article for information on adding or editing Roles and permissions in Axon Evidence.com.
There are three permissions associated with Axon Respond for Devices.
- View Location Map: Allows the user to access the Respond map and view camera locations.
- Live Stream: Allows the user to view camera livestreams for the Respond map.
- View Respond Audit Log: Allows as user to view and download the record of Axon Respond for Devices activity.
- Mark Alert as False or Resolved: Allows a user to mark and alert (gunshot or CEW) as false or resolved in Axon Respond.
Users must be assigned to roles with the appropriate permissions to view the map and camera livestreams.