Install your Axon Dock as described in the following procedure.
Before installing an 8-Bay Dock, Axon recommends you determine if the dock will be mounted on a desktop or on a wall mounting. 1-Bay Docks can be placed on a desktop or shelf as needed.
If you do not have an Axon Evidence.com account, Axon recommends that you contact your Axon administrator and ask for an account invitation. When the email invitation arrives, accept the invitation and create an account. This email invitation will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remove the dock from the box and confirm that all pieces are present.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the WAN
- Plug the other end of this Ethernet cable into an active Internet port, which connects to your agency network.
- Connect the two segments of the power cord included with the dock.
- Plug the power cord into the dock.
- Connect the other end of the power cord to a standard power outlet.
For 8-Bay Docks, the green power LED on top of the dock will light up when the dock is powered. For 1-Bay Docks, check for power by placing an Axon Body 3 camera in the dock and looking for the charging icon on the camera display.
The dock is ready to be used to register and charge Axon Body 3 cameras.
Once a dock is installed, it can be registered. Registering your dock is an optional, but highly recommended, step. See Axon Body 3 Dock Registration for additional information.