The Review tab is used to review and add metadata to videos. You can also select to prioritize the upload for a video, placing it at the top of the upload queue.
After clicking the Review tab, recordings that are on the camera and that have not been queued for upload are shown on the left side of the page.
Recordings that start within one minute of the previous recording are automatically added to an incident group. The incident groups are sorted by date and time. The upper portion of the page shows the number of incidents the require review.
View a Recording and Add Metadata
You can view recorded video on a connected Axon camera and tag video evidence files with metadata such as ID, Title, and category. Recordings are displayed together in incident groups so that users can enter and apply metadata information to all the recordings in an incident group.
While on the Review tab, you can navigate between different videos by using the scroll bar. You can also play the video and view the playback in full screen mode.
Note: Due to the known issue of videos not being deleted from a camera when uploaded by Axon View XL, Axon recommends limiting the number of videos uploaded using Axon View XL until the issue is corrected. You do not have to tag and submit every video on the camera for upload. Axon recommends using an Axon Body 3 Dock for normal video uploading.
- Click (the Review icon).
- Click on a specific video to play the video. Click on the video again to stop it.
Click the full screen icon to view the video on the full screen.
- If a recording does not belong in an incident group, remove it from the group by selecting the recording and clicking remove icon on right side of the video playbar.
- To add or edit the metadata tags:
- ID — Click the ID box and type the case ID that you want to apply to the video evidence file.
- Title — Click the Title box and type the title that you want to apply to the video evidence file.
- Categories — Click Categories, scroll through the category list, and then select the category that you want to apply to the video-evidence file. You can also start typing a name of the category and the list auto populates.
Multiple categories can be added to the same video.
Click the X by the category name to remove that category.
- Optionally, select Prioritize Upload to move this video to the top of the upload queue.
This option also allows you to place video from the connected camera at the top of the upload queue.
- Click Submit to save the metadata and move the video from the Review tab into the Uploads queue.
Note: If the camera becomes disconnected while uploading a video, reconnect the camera to continue the process.
After clicking Submit, you have approximately 5 seconds to Undo the save to the upload queue.
Note: If you do not click Submit, the metadata is saved to the video, but the video is not moved to the upload queue.