Evidence folders provide a way to organize evidence files. After you add evidence to a case, you can create as many folders as you need, rename folders, and add evidence to multiple folders. Evidence added to folders will also be shown in the All Evidence list.
Add a Folder to a Case
- On the Evidence tab of the Case Details page click Create a Folder.
- On the dialog box, in the Folder Name field, type a meaningful name for the folder, then click Create.
Evidence.com creates the folder and adds it to the folder list. If any evidence files were selected when you create the folder, that evidence will be automatically added to the folder when it is created.
Rename a Folder
- On the Evidence tab of the Case Details page, click the name of a folder.
- Click the Secondary Actions menu button […] and select Rename Folder from the menu.
- Type the new name in the Name box, then click Rename.
Add Evidence to a Folder
You can add the evidence that is already part of a case to any evidence folder that you need.
For information about adding evidence to a case, see Add Evidence to a Case.
- In the All Evidence section of the Evidence tab, select the check box to the left of the evidence ID of each file you want to add to a folder.
- Above the evidence list, click Add to Folder.
- In the dialog box, in the Select Folder list, select the folder that you want to add the evidence to, then click Add.
If the folder you want to add evidence to does not exist, a new row will appear in the dialog box with an icon of a folder with a + symbol and a Create New button.
Selecting this option will change the workflow from adding evidence to a folder to creating a new folder and adding evidence to that new folder. When you click Create and Add, the previously selected evidence will be added to the newly created folder.
If you want to confirm the evidence is in the folder you added it to, click the folder name and view the evidence list.
Remove Evidence from a Folder
If you need to remove evidence from a case, see Remove Evidence from a Case.
- On the Evidence tab, click the folder that you want to remove evidence from.
Below the evidence preview area, a list of evidence in the folder appears.
- Select the check box for each piece of evidence that you want to remove from the folder.
- Click the Secondary Actions menu button […] and select Remove from Folder.
- In the confirmation message box, click Remove.
- In the message box, click OK.
Evidence.com removes the selected evidence from the folder. The evidence remains in the case in the All Evidence section.