Note: It can take several minutes to update firmware for Axon Fleet cameras. Axon recommends installing updates at the beginning of a shift.
If your system is configured for manual uploads, also known as Dock & Walk, your Axon Fleet cameras will receive firmware updates through the Axon Dock.
When a firmware update for the Axon Fleet cameras is available, Axon View XL will prompt users to update camera firmware in one of two places:
- On the View XL Control Tab page, a prompt is shown at the top of the screen informing the user that a camera update is available.
- On the View XL Settings Tab page, an Update button is shown next to the camera information.
To update the Axon Fleet camera firmware:
- Tap the Update button, the system asks you to confirm the update.
- to update the firmware, tap Update Now.
- You can tap Postpone to dismiss the update notification until the next time the cameras connect. The update option will still be visible in the View XL Settings Tab.
- View XL begins transferring firmware to the camera over Wi-Fi, and progress of this will be shown in View XL.
- Once the transfer is complete, the cameras will shut down and reboot.
- After the cameras reboot, any firmware updates for the Axon Fleet Power Unit and Rear Camera Controller are applied. During firmware updates, the Axon Fleet Power Unit LED will flash rapidly and the Rear Camera Controller Ring LED will flash Yellow/Red.
- After the updates are installed, the Axon Fleet Power Units, cameras, and Rear Controller will reboot again. This entire process may take up to a few minutes, and once complete, the system will resume normal behavior and reconnect with View XL.