Axon Evidence.com’s Cases functionality has been redesigned to provide a more robust and streamlined experience.
Download the Cases Redesign Guide.
Some of the key new features included in the Cases redesign are:
- Review Mode - Evidence in a case can be selected and quickly viewed, including metadata information about the evidence such as tags and what cases the evidence is part of. In Review Mode, you can also pin a piece of evidence to a case.
- Quick Views - Evidence in a case will automatically be organized by media type, recording officer, and ID.
- Pinning - Highlight the most important evidence in a case by pinning it from Review Mode.
- Cases Access Control List - The Case access control list allows you to grant other users and groups in your agency access to cases and the related evidence. In the previous version of Cases, the role permissions for the cases that were shared to the user could have different permission settings than for the cases that were owned by the user. With the addition of access lists on cases, those permission settings are now consolidated. When a case is shared to a user, the user will have the same permissions for the shared case as they would for a case they owned. However, if you want to limit the permissions the user is granted with the shared case, you can grant them View-only access, which allows the users to view the case information, but not make any changes.
- New Cases Sharing Workflow - The new Cases sharing workflow provides a streamlined experience for sharing cases with partner agencies.