Pinning evidence is a way to keep the most relevant or critical evidence at the top of the evidence and summary sections in a case. Evidence can only be pinned in a case when you are reviewing it.
- On the Evidence tab, select the check box of the evidence you want to pin to the case, then click Review.
- After the evidence file opens in Review Mode, click Pin.
- Click X to return to the Evidence tab.
Note: If you click Review All, you can pin each piece of evidence as you review it.
Evidence Quick Views
The Evidence Quick Views let you quickly navigate evidence based on the following metadata information:
- Evidence file type.
- The user who recorded the evidence.
- The evidence ID.
For example, if the File Type section shows there are images, videos, and audio recordings files, selecting Image will show only image file types in the evidence list. If you click Reset, the evidence list will clear your selections and show all the evidence in a case.
The Quick Views section is automatically updated as evidence is added or removed from a case.
Case Evidence Search Filters
Case evidence search filters help you search for specific evidence attached to a case based on the metadata of the evidence. You can select multiple filters to use for searching, but the results will only include evidence contained in the case that match all of the filters you use.
Each search filter will only contain values that exist on the evidence in the case. For example, the category search filter will only display categories that exist on evidence in the case. These dropdown menus on the search filters allow you to select multiple values from the dropdown menu. When multiple values are selected the system does an OR search, so evidence matching any of the selected values will be returned.
- ID — Filters the list of evidence by ID. For more information, see Text Search Details.
- Title — Filters the list of evidence by matching titles.
- Recorded By — Filters the list of evidence by the user who recorded the files.
- Uploaded By — Filters the list of evidence by the user who uploaded the files.
- On Access List — Filters the list of evidence by the users or groups who have access to the files.
- Recorded On — Filters the list of evidence by the date the files were recorded.
- Uploaded On — Filters the list of evidence by the date the files were uploaded.
- Deleted On — Filters the list of evidence by the date the files were deleted.
- Category — Filters the list of evidence by the category you select. By default, the search results include evidence assigned to any category, including uncategorized cases.
- Tag — Filters the list of evidence by the selected tags. For more information, see Text Search Details.
- File Type — Filters the list of evidence by the selected file types.
- Status — Filters the list of evidence by the selected status. For example, selecting Pending Triage would only show evidence files with that status. By default, case searches include all statuses.
- Source — Filters the list of evidence by evidence source. For example, selecting Body Worn Cameras would only show evidence files recorded by that hardware.
- Restricted — Filters the list of evidence to only files that are restricted. By default, the restriction filter is not enabled.
- Device — Filters the list of evidence by device serial number.
Text Search Details
The ID and Tag filters provide advanced text matching capability for case searches.
- You can enter letters, numbers, and the special characters: comma [ , ], dash [ - ], opening parentheses [ ( ], closing parentheses [ ) ], slash [ / ], and backslash [ \ ].
- The text you enter can be a full or partial match of the data you are filtering. For example, if you enter 21 in the ID box, the search results will include any evidence with 21 in any portion of the ID, such as 2197 and 446219.
- You can search for more than one text string in a single filter by adding a space between the strings. This provides AND search functionality of the data you are filtering. For example, if you enter 12- 34 in the ID box, search results include any evidence with both 12- and 34 in the ID, such as 12-3456 and 12-7348.
- The order of text strings is irrelevant. For example, if you enter 78 21 in the ID box, search results include evidence with the ID 21378 and 172182.
Capitalization for letter characters is irrelevant. For example, if you enter REDACT in the Tag box, search results include evidence with the tag REDACT, redact, and redaction.
Remove Evidence from a Case
You can remove evidence from a case in the Evidence tab of the Case Details page.
- On the Evidence tab, select the ID of the evidence you want to remove.
- Click the Secondary Actions menu button […] and select Remove from case.
- In the confirmation message box, click Remove.
When the evidence is removed from the case, it is returned to its normal retention schedule based on the category assigned to the evidence and the date the evidence was recorded on.