- Battery capacity decreases gradually with use (charging and discharging cycles) over time. The more cycles the battery experiences the less the battery can be used between charges. For Li-ion batteries, once the battery capacity drops below approximately 70% of its rated capacity, the battery is considered to have reached its end of useful life.
- The rate of capacity degradation in a Li-ion battery depends upon both the number of charge and discharge cycles, and the battery operating and storage temperature. Normal ambient temperature is considered to be 25°C/77°F (room temperature). At this temperature and normal usage conditions, the life of a LiPo battery is typically between 300-500 cycles assuming no storage between cycles. As the battery is used, internal degradation will cause the battery capacity to drop towards end of life levels, which is typically approximately 70-80% of its rated capacity according to industry standards.
- Axon products are designed to maximize both the operating (discharge) time and the life-cycle (number of total discharge/charge cycles) of the battery.
- After using a battery for some time, under some conditions, the battery may have a degree of swelling caused by decomposition of electrolytes into gas, or other chemical processes.
- Swollen batteries should no longer be used and should be replaced and discarded promptly.
Care of your Battery
- Do not place your device or battery pack near heat sources over 60℃ (140°F), such as radiators, fireplaces, furnaces, electric heaters, or other heat-producing equipment which may cause unsafe conditions.
- Do not leave your device or battery pack in direct sunlight or on the dashboard of a vehicle.
- Battery products should not be charged unless there is adequate ventilation.
If you believe your battery no longer has the capacity to meet your shift requirements you may order a replacement as shown below.
|Axon Body 3 Camera battery||Use the RMA process to return the camera to Axon for battery replacement|
|Axon Body 2 Camera battery||Axon Body 2 Battery Replacement Guide||74006|
|Axon Flex 2 Controller battery||Battery in non-replaceable - the Controller must be replaced||11532|
|TASER 7||TASER 7 Battery Pack Overview|
We do advise that all of our customers review Axon's current Axon Camera System Law Enforcement Warnings regarding the inherent risks associated with the use of lithium polymer batteries. Specifically, Axon recommends that law enforcement customers immediately discontinue use and safely remove from the person any BWC that indicates an abnormal appearance as directed by our Axon Law Enforcement Warnings.