Currently, image redaction only supports .jpg and .png file types. Support for other file types will be added in future releases.
- On the Evidence Detail page for the evidence you want to redact, below the image, click Redactions.
The Redaction Studio and Redaction Tools buttons appear below the Redactions tab. If any redactions already exist, they are listed below the buttons.
- Click Redaction Studio.
This launches Redaction Studio within the browser window.
- If needed, the image can be rotated before and while adding masks.
- Place the cursor on the image, then click and drag to add a mask.
Once a mask is added, the size of the mask can be adjusted with the mask frame handles or by using the W (increase size) or S (decrease size) keys. To move a mask click and hold on the mask and then drag it to the correct location or use the arrow keys to move it.
- Set the mask blur level as needed. With the mask selected, click on the blur level to cycle between light, medium, heavy, and blackout blur levels.
- When you have finished adding and configuring all the masks, click Extract.
The redaction processing dialog box is displayed. Click Okay to continue.
Evidence.com begins processing the redaction. When processing is complete, Evidence.com sends you a notification email with a link to the redacted image.
- Click X to exit Redaction Studio and return to the Evidence Detail page.
Note: All work done to a video in Redaction Studio is saved.