Below is a list of commonly asked questions for Axon Aware, Aware+, and the mobile app.
- Can I view livestreams on my mobile device?
- Why does location reporting show a circle with a radius instead of an accurate location on the map?
- Why aren't all the officers on shift appearing on the user list and Aware map?
- How do I zoom out of the map when I click on livestream?
- What does a number on a map location indicate?
- How do I access the Aware audit trail?
- How long are high priority alerts displayed in Axon Aware?
- How do I access the video after livestream has ended?
- How long can I stay logged in on the Aware mobile app?
- Do I have to set up new PIN code every time I log in?
- How often do I have to enter my PIN code in the mobile app?
- I forgot my PIN or I want to reset my PIN on the mobile app. What do I do?
- In the Axon Aware mobile app, cameras that aren't recording aren't visible on the map.
- In the Axon Aware mobile app the User Filter is set to on. Why do I still see offline cameras on the map?
Can I view livestreams on my mobile device?
You can download the Axon Aware mobile app on App Store and Google Play. With the app, you can get alerts and view officer locations and livestreams from your mobile device.
Livestreaming is also supported on the following:
- Desktop versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Android Chrome, iOS Safari, and iOS Chrome.
Why does location reporting show a circle with a radius instead of an accurate location on the map?
This is because GPS accuracy can vary. The blue circle provides a visual indication of the approximate camera location. The camera is in the circle, but not necessarily in the center.
Why aren't all the officers on shift showing up in the user list and Aware map?
An officer must have used their camera to record in the last 4 hours to show up in the user panel on the left of the screen on Aware and on User screen of the Aware mobile app. For the cameras to show up on the map, they must get a location fix when the last time they recorded within the last 4 hours.
How do I zoom out of the map when I click on livestream?
On a broswer, you can zoom in or out by clicking the + or - buttons. You can also use the mouse wheel to control the zoom level. To zoom out to all the cameras currently on the map, you click View All Officers.
On the mobile app, you can use the standard smart device pinch gesture to zoom in and out of the map.
What does a number on a map location indicate?
The number indicates multiple cameras at the location. You can click on the number or manually zoom in on the map to see individual camera markers.
What does a red circle around a marker indicate?
The red circle indicates an alert associated with the map. Alert status is removed after 8 hours on the Aware page and 4 hours on the Aware mobile app.
How do I access the Aware audit trail?
Axon Aware information is contained in the agency Aware Audit trail, along the individual device and user audit trails. The agency Axon Aware Audit Trail consolidates all Axon Aware information, such as which users accessed the Axon Aware map or a livestream, into a single audit trail. The device and user audit trails show Axon Aware information for those specific devices and users.
The agency Aware Audit Trail is found on the Agency Profile profile page. Users must have permission to view the audit trail and permission to access the Agency Profile page.
How long are high priority alerts displayed in Axon Aware?
High priority alerts remain on the map for 8 hours on an Axon Aware browser page and 4 hours on Aware mobile app after the alert is reported.
How do I access the video after livestream has ended?
The livestreamed videoes are saved on the camera and uploaded to Axon Evidence the next time camera is docked or through View XL standalone mode. Videoes can be searched for and accessed in the Evidence section of Axon Evidence.
How long can I stay logged in on the Aware mobile app?
Your login session lasts for 12 hours.
Do I have to set up new PIN code every time I log in?
No, once set up you can use the same PIN code for future login sessions.
How often do I have to enter my PIN code in the mobile app?
After you log in if you don’t use the app for more than 30 minutes, then you are asked to enter your PIN to open or continue using the app.
I forgot my PIN or I want to reset my PIN on the mobile app. What do I do?
When the app asks for your PIN code, you can tap Reset PIN code. You are logged out of the app, then you can log in with your Axon Evidence credentials and set up a new PIN code.
In the Axon Aware mobile app, cameras that aren't recording aren't visible on the map.
Cameras that are not recording are only shown on the map for 4 hours after they stop recording. If you User Filter configuration is on, you are only shown cameras that are recording and cameras with high priority alerts.
In the Axon Aware mobile app the User Filter is set to on. Why do I still see offline cameras on the map?
The User Filter configuration only hides offline cameras with no alerts.