Axon Commander provides the ability merge two videos of the same file type into one file when exporting or burning to DVD, so that the videos can be played back side-by-side and in synchronization. This option is useful when two cameras are recording the situation, such as an Axon Interview installation with two cameras.
- Select the two files you want to merge in the Results Pane (click on one file and then Shift + click on the second file) and do one of the following:
- Right-click and select File Operations > Export a File or Burn to DVD.
- Click Export or Burn at the bottom of the Assets pane.
The Export or Burn to disc dialog box is shown.
- Choose the location where the file is exported or DVD drive.
- Optionally, select the other export options:
- Include standalone player: This option includes the Axon Commander standalone media player in the export. The standalone media player allows a user to view the file and associated metadata outside of the Axon Commander Client.
- Include audits: This option includes an encrypted file with a complete audit trail of the Exported File.
- Include Metadata: This option includes the metadata associated with the file in the export.
- Add password: This option adds password protection to the exported file. It requires that the password be entered before the file can be viewed in the Axon Commander standalone media player.
- Select Merge.
- Optionally, select Place second video on left side to place the second video selected on the left side of the replay view.
- Optionally, select Combine audio from both videos.
- Optionally, set the video synchronization offset for the two videos.
- Click Generate Preview to review the merged video, audio, and synchronization.
If needed, adjust the merge settings.
- Click Export or Burn.
The status of the file operation is shown in the Status tab.
- Cancel: This action is available after the export has started. Click Cancel to stop the export process.
- After the operation is completed, Click OK.
- Save Log: This is available after an export is cancelled or completed and saves a text file of the export log to selected location.
- Close the dialog box.