This article is intended for agencies and academies who are deploying more than 15-20 headsets.
While you can have multiple headsets setup under Oculus account, Oculus recommends having no more than 20 headsets linked to one account.
To avoid this issue, Axon recommends having no more than 15-20 headsets setup under one Oculus account at a time. Instead, Axon recommends having multiple Oculus accounts with a maximum of 15-20 headsets setup under each one.
- For each new Oculus account, follow the instructions detailed in the Setting Up Multiple Headsets article.
- In this case, you will need multiple redemption codes — please email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with Axon’s VR Program Manager for multiple codes.
Additional Axon Recommendations
- Label each headset with a tag such as A-1, A-2....A-20, where the letter is associated with the Oculus account and the number is which headset it is tied to that one account.
- Have at least one smartphone for every Oculus account you create.
- As a reminder, you will need at least one smartphone to initially setup headsets through the Oculus app on a smartphone.
- If you have one smartphone for every Oculus account, you will be able to use the Oculus app on each smartphone to manage each batch of headsets.
Otherwise if you only have one or a limited number of smartphones, you will have to sign in/out of the Oculus smartphone app to access the device manager for each batch of headsets.