The Auto-Transcribe Review Assistant is shown on the Evidence Detail page on the right-side of the evidence preview. The Review Assistant is used to request an auto-transcript and review the information in a transcript.
Note: Users that have permission to view the evidence, but do not have the Auto-Transcribe permission enabled for their assigned Role will only see the Review Assistant if a transcript has been created. Users assigned to a Pro Role that do not have Edit Auto-Transcript permission can open Transcript Assistant to review and download transcripts. Users assigned to a Basic Role can download transcripts from the Transcript tab on the Evidence Detail page.
Requesting an Auto-Transcript
Note: Users must have Auto-Transcribe permission enabled for their assigned Role to request a transcript.
- Open the Evidence Detail page for the appropriate evidence.
- Under Review Assistant, click Auto-Transcribe.
Note: Transcript processing is recorded in the Evidence and User Audit Trails.
- You are asked to confirm the request. Click Start to continue.
All transcript processing is done in the system background and does not impact Axon Evidence performance.
Note: For agencies on the By Minute Plan, the number of transcription minutes available is shown when confirming the request. If your agency does not have enough minutes available to complete the request, then you will not be able to complete the request.
The system confirms the request. Click Okay to continue.
The Review Assistant shows the transcription is in progress. Axon Evidence will send you an email notification when the transcription is complete.
Using the Review Assistant
When an auto-transcript is complete, the Review Assistant can be used to review the information in a transcript.
Review Assistant Navigation
- Auto-transcripts are time-synced with the video or audio file. As you play a file, the highlighted word in the transcript aligns to the current point in playback.
To navigate to a specific point in the file, click on the word or timestamp in the transcript.
- Review Assistant leverages your browser’s text search capability to search the transcript. Simultaneously press the Ctrl + F (Windows) or Command + F (Mac) keys to show the browser text search field. Type the text you want to find into the field and use the browser controls to move between instances of the text on the Evidence Detail page.
Note: The browser text search capability searches the entire Evidence Detail page. If the text you are searching for appears outside of the transcript, the browser text search will show that text as part of the search results.
Miranda Warning Detector
The Miranda Warning Detector automatically creates a marker in the recording when the system detects that a Miranda warning is spoken. The detection happens automatically while a file is auto-transcribed. The image below shows an example of the marker on the Evidence Detail page.
Important: The ability to detect a Miranda warning is directly correlated to the quality of the associated auto- transcript and is not 100% accurate.
The Miranda Warning Detector is enabled for all Auto-Transcribe customers in the United States.