- Setup the headset by following Setting Up your Focus+ Headset.
- Search for “Axon” in the search bar of the HTC Store on your headset.
Note: If you have previously setup other headsets with the Axon app using the same HTC account, you can also find the app available to download in your “Library.”
- Download the Axon VR Community Engagement Training app to your headset.
- Open the app, and selected “Allow” when the app prompts you.
Important: The first time the app opens, you will need to select Allow Permissions to let the app access the device's storage. Access is required for the app to read and write to the hard drive or the app will not function. Axon only uses access for this purpose.
- You will then be prompted to scan your Content License code to access the appropriate content library — select the button by using your gaze, and then select “Allow” when the app prompts you.
Important: You will need to select Allow Permissions to let the app access the headset’s front facing cameras. Axon only uses these cameras when you are initially scanning the QR code in order to give the app the appropriate content library.
- Maximize the image of your QR code from your computer screen, and put on your headset.
Please contact email@example.com if you do not have a code.
- Bring the headset about 6-12 inches from the QR code on your screen in order for the app to scan it.
See My QR Code Isn’t Scanning if you are having issues scanning the QR code.
- Success! Once the code is validated, select “Proceed” using your gaze to return back to the main lobby. Allow 5-10 minutes for each scenario to download to your headset.
- You will now be able to use your headset offline once the videos are downloaded.
- Wi-Fi is only needed in the future to download more content when it is released, which is roughly every month.
Optional: If you would like to restrict access on your headset so that users can only use the Axon Community Engagement VR app (as well as other apps), follow the steps in Placing Your Headset into Kiosk Mode.