Video and audio evidence are central to every investigation. But the sheer quantity of this evidence increases the time officers and prosecutors must spend reviewing it - plus it can be mentally draining to listen to disturbing audio or see graphic images over and over again.
Axon Auto-Transcribe with Review Assistant and Transcription Assistant allows your agency to transform the way you review and transcribe evidence. No more having to watch every minute of a piece of digital evidence. Simply scan the auto-transcript to quickly survey what happened or search for key words. When it comes time for 100% accuracy, you can quickly produce a court-ready transcript in a fraction of the time and cost required by human transcription.
Axon Auto-Transcribe uses the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to accelerate the review and transcription of evidence, creating significant time and cost saving benefits for agencies. Instead of viewing video, audio, and text as separate elements from an incident, Axon Auto-Transcribe unifies all these elements into one “hypermedia player” enabling powerful connections and efficiencies for public safety agencies. No more having to watch every moment of digital evidence. Instead, users can simply scan the auto-transcript to quickly survey what happened and jump to the significant section by clicking on the spoken words. When it comes time to produce court-ready transcripts, Axon Auto-Transcribe can help produce the transcript in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost of human transcription alone.
- User with Auto-Transcribe permission opens evidence and requests an Auto-Transcript (the agency must have Auto-transcript minutes available).
Other users can use Review Assistant to review evidence.
- Authorized users can use Transcription Assistant to review, edit, and save changes to the Auto-Transcript.
- Authorized users can verify the transcript changes.
- Transcripts can be shared through evidence and case shares.
We chose the best available speech recognition solution for public safety data, not only for accuracy but also for equitable performance among diverse populations. We use the highest industry standard for measuring accuracy - every letter of the word must be correct for us to get credit. On public safety data, we average 80% accuracy, reaching levels in the high 90% range as the audio gets clearer. Microphone quality and recording environment are the two biggest factors in auto-transcript accuracy. Our testing includes variations of English, encompassing several different local accents and assorted styles of body camera and interview room video. Transcription Assistant makes it incredibly easy for authorized users to make corrections.
Auto-Transcribe plans are implemented in one of two methods:
- On-Demand usage: Agencies have unlimited access to Auto-Transcribe, for evidence they intend to consume. The agency is charged a flat per-user-per-month fee.
- By Minutes usage: Minutes are purchased and pooled together at the agency. The number of minutes remaining are shown when a transcript is ordered.
Note: Future enhancements will show agency minutes on the System Dashboard.
As an introduction to Axon Auto-Transcribe, we have created Auto-Transcribe Starter Packs. Customers with Axon Pro licenses will receive 100 minutes per license and customers with Axon Records licenses will receive 200 minutes for each license. Customers on Axon’s Officer Safety Plan 7+, which encompasses both Axon Pro and Axon Records offerings, will receive a starter pack of 300 minutes per license. These minutes are pooled within your agency and expire at the end of each calendar year.
Auto-Transcribe Audit Events
The following Auto-Transcribe events are recorded in the Evidence and User Audit Trails.
- Auto-Transcript is Requested
- Evidence Transcript Viewed
- Evidence Transcript Downloaded
- Evidence Transcript Edited
Note: The audit trails only record that editing occurred; the text edits are not recorded in the audit trail.
- Evidence Transcript Deleted
- Evidence Transcript Verified
- Evidence Transcript Unverified