The Case Settings page allows agency administrators to configure a default retention policy for the agency. The default retention is automatically applied to all newly created cases. Administrators can choose to apply the new default retention policy to all existing cases. However, this could result in evidence being immediately queued for deletion.
- On the menu bar, click Admin and then under Agency Settings, click Case Settings.
- Under Retention Policy, click Edit.
- Select the Agency Default Retention.
There are three retention policy options:
- Until Manually Deleted: This option maintains functional parity with the current system case retention and supports the ability to retain all evidence in cases forever. This is every agency’s default retention policy until updated by an agency administrator.
- Longest Retention Period: The scheduled deletion date for the case is calculated by finding the longest duration category applied to evidence in the case and adding it to the most recent Recorded On date for any evidence in the case.
- Individual Evidence Retention: The case does not impact retention and each piece of evidence in the case is retained based on its own assigned categories and Recorded On date.
Note: Evidence in multiple cases will use the longest retention policy for the cases.
- Optionally, select you want the new policy to Apply to all existing cases.
IMPORTANT: Selecting this option could result in evidence being queued for deletion. Additionally, depending on the number of cases at your agency, it may take several hours to complete the update.
- Click Save.